Tube anemone melting?

Atlantisdelux

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
50
Reaction score
32
Location
New Hampshire
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if someone can tell me if my tube anemone is during?
Iv searched multiple sites, a handful of forums, and pages of Google photos and nothing Iv found talks about the anemones TUBE specifically. The anemone looks and acts perfectly fine, great apitite for mysis shrimp along with any pods that creep too close on the glass. But the tube has been changing to this pink color for about 3 weeks and just recently started bleeding/melting (for lack of better term) onto the sand.
I'm not asking for an exact explanation, I haven't taken perams in a while and I know the tank isn't as clean as it once was. Just asking if this is normal or not as Iv been unable to find anything like it. Thank you in advance and I will be sure to get over to the New Member section as soon as I can.

CM170214-19184201.jpg
 
Idk if that's from your anemone. Looks like red cyano growing around the base. The tentacles are preventing the clean up crew from stirring up the sand in that location. If you notice your fish will avoid that anemone because they do carry a punch. I don't think it is the anemone at all. I have one and had a similar situation.
 
John, thank you so much. I feel like an absolute noob not even thinking about that, but it makes perfect sense.
That one short, to the point, with reasoning reply makes me feel like Iv chosen the right forum to join in my journey of returning to reef building.
Thank you so much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new