Tube / Force Feeding Fish

This article describes methods of tube-feeding and force-feeding fish
This is wild—some serious dedication…

But in all seriousness, it sounds like it’s perfectly safe and effective. I grabbed myself a couple expired feeding tubes from work that were going to be trashed to keep in my fish kit.

If anyone needs one for a sick fish or just in case, PM me. They are little smaller than the one pictured but they are neonatal size (5 French) feeding tubes that are actually used for this exact purpose. I’ve got a few of them.
I would just cut the tube short, about 4". May be easier to work with. Thanks for your offer to everyone!
Update on the Hippo: Since my last post, I've seen only a tiny improvement and am still feeding every 4 days. I'm still optimistic that he will improve more. (It's been about 10 months now).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new