0   0   0
What's the best way to get rid of these things
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1414875850.817251.jpg

juggalogentry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thatd be a bit of a drive for us lol but if your down to tossing em, we would be willing to pay shipping in the event your willing to pack em up pm me, ill keep you in mind for a frag in the future

juggalogentry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are they spitting little webs if so theyre actually vermeted snails, if no, theyre tube worms, a copperband might but its risky cuz it will eat other corals too,

Nav

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem. I have a few small white feathers & lots (50+) red feathers... I know they're good for the tank and cool things to keep :)

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past year mine have been populating the bottom of the tank. They cover probably 70% of the bottom of the tank (96x33). My tank was bare bottom, and is now a feather duster bottom. Mine are densely packed one against the other. There are 1000s upon 1000s upon 1000s of them. I've left them alone. I look at them as a forest to grow more food (pods) to feed all my finicky fish.

Dave B

s2minute

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter what, you don't ever want to get rid of Tube Worms. They are harmless, nice to look at, help feed different types of other fish and inverts you may have or want to keep. They also serve as a POM,(Particulate Organic Matter), scrubber whereas they filter the water. I have one type all over my sump and cryptic zone tank. I'd never think of getting rid of them as they are an important part of my system. Be thankful you can keep them

s2minute

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the best way to get rid of these things
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1414875850.817251.jpg

DO NOT kill off those Tube worms! They are harmless and benefit your system!. People pay good money for different species of Tube Worms. In many cases the ones they buy end up starving or don't do well because of a less than ideal environment. Seems your system is user friendly to them and if i were you i would not change that!.

jt17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My CBB ate every one in my tank. I had a carpet of them that I loved. I needed the CBB for aphasia control so it was a trade off. It took him a month to eat them all there were so many, all the while not even a bite of aphasia. I miss my tube worms.

leptang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My CBB ate every one in my tank. I had a carpet of them that I loved. I needed the CBB for aphasia control so it was a trade off. It took him a month to eat them all there were so many, all the while not even a bite of aphasia. I miss my tube worms.
I had the same thing happened to me adding a copper banded butterfly fish, but the fish also a 50 dallor clam.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back