Tubing for Chiller?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aspect
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2022
Messages
1,578
Reaction score
846
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The chiller I purchased came with 20' of vinyl tubing, and I just wanted to confirm that it would be reef safe. It states "Fish safe" however I don't think I ever used vinyl tubing before on an aquarium. Can someone confirm it's reef/fish safe?
 
The chiller I purchased came with 20' of vinyl tubing, and I just wanted to confirm that it would be reef safe. It states "Fish safe" however I don't think I ever used vinyl tubing before on an aquarium. Can someone confirm it's reef/fish safe?
 
I use it on my chiller. It does tend to grow algae and stuff inside the tube where ever it is exposed to light. But it's safe.
 
I use it on my chiller. It does tend to grow algae and stuff inside the tube where ever it is exposed to light. But it's safe.
Mine is black and there won't be much light on it at all. So theoretically there shouldn't be algae growth.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new