Tune Nano-Osmolator Problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

C-Mac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I looked through the forums and didn't see this same issue, so creating a new thread. I installed a nano-osmolator about 6 months ago. I noticed about a month ago a weird sound coming from the reservoir where the pump was, and noticed it was making quick clicking sounds, but not running. I then realized that my main tank was low on water. The sensor was trying to tell the system to pump, but the pump wasn't going, just seemed like it was jammed or something and not spinning. I bought another pump (a little disappointed the first one had seemingly only lasted 5 months) and swapped it out. Now, I am having the same problem, but not consistently. Sometimes, the pump will pulse (about once a second) and not pump, sometimes it will pulse and then start pumping, and sometimes it will pump just fine without pulsing first. It starts the process every 10 minutes or so it seems (sometimes, even when working, it will turn on every 10 minutes and run for about 2 seconds, then shut off. Doesn't seem like my evaporation rate should be that high, right?) I have checked all wiring and components, nothing looks incorrect or broken. I have reversed the polarity of the pump, and sometimes that help temporarily, but I don't know what else to do. Anyone else have that problem or any potential ideas or fixes? I love the system and simplicity of it, but I need it to work.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you need to focus on the power to the pump. see how much voltage was output when you move the switch. you can also test the pump by using an ac to dc adapter. These pump can take from 6 to 12 volt the last time i was playingp with one. hope the tunze person tunes in

OP
OP
C

C-Mac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense and crossed my mind, but it seems weird Tunze would ship a product that is all in one, and the power supply it gives wouldn't be enough for its own system. Also kind of bummed Tunze hasn't responded to this? Their own website lists r2r as a place they are active in. I really need a solution, as I have the entire system turned off right now because I can't figure it out.

oldsaint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of mine have been pretty reliable.
Pay close attention to the water level where the eye is located. It could be fluctuating from your drain or pump. Also, a good idea to clean the eye periodically. The other thing I would check is your power supply. The pump cycles every time the system loses power. But, in that case it runs longer than 2 sec.

nanodoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CMac, I had the same problems like you. I bought it to keep the level of the sump, and the bigger Tunze for the DT. First it worked OK, but the the light keep flashing and nothing happens. I bought another one which lasted even less. So now I use a Tunze 5017 for the sump too. I just want something that is reliable and the nano isn't.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C-Mac, my apologies, I was not getting notifications of new threads by email, I thought I had corrected this as last week I did get several notices but I missed a few apparently. The issue you have is a controller issue, if you send in the controller we will exchange it. Include a note with your return address and phone number. Essentially the safety that would cut power if the power supply put out too much or the pump drew too much is acting up. I can't apologize enough, but I answer questions on 2 forums, facebook, 2 email addresses, the phone, and I take almost every English language email sent to our parent company, unless I get a notice, finding the time to log in and check every day is nearly impossible. In the future if I miss it here, feel free to email or call, all of our contact info is included with the products on the warranty manual.

Tunze USA
2121 Cole Springs Rd
Buda TX 78610

Nanodoc, I am not clear on what unit you have, the nano osmolator has no lights, the most common issue with the nano Osmolator is not reading the set up instructions and setting the timer for the tank size, which is limited to a total volume of 55 gallons on the highest timer setting of 3 minutes, after the time out it shuts down and will never run again until the power is cycled. With the full size osmolator the lights are a specific error code, if you would let me know what lights are flashing I can diagnose the issue. They all have a 2 year warranty which covers anything wrong with the equipment except water damage or deliberate misuse/modification.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back