Tunze 3152 ATO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jmags080307

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My 3152 ATO is twitching every 5 to 10 seconds. Anyone have any ideas why it's doing this? I purchased it new in October 2018 so it's not even a year old.

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When they run for a longer than normal amount of time, the little brain in the black box on your power cord gets scared, and shuts off the pump until it is rebooted. It’s a failsafe to help prevent flooding.
You should be back to normal if you just unplug and re plug your unit. :)

OP
OP
jmags080307

jmags080307

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When they run for a longer than normal amount of time, the little brain in the black box on your power cord gets scared, and shuts off the pump until it is rebooted. It’s a failsafe to help prevent flooding.
You should be back to normal if you just unplug and re plug your unit. :)
Worked! Thanks.

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worked! Thanks.

Awesome! That should mean it’s working as designed!
That being said, I would be investigative as to why it triggered it, whether it was just a really hot day causing more evaporation than normal, possibly algae or vermetid snails growing on the float valve?
Either way, if it’s been in use for a little bit and this is the first time you’ve experienced this feature of the system, I would want to find out what caused it in order to make sure nothing is amiss.

Hope this helps, happy reefing!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind these are delivered preset for a 25 gallon or less tank, pages 16-17 explain setting a longer timer for 25-55, usually if they time out frequently, the tank setting was not set properly for tank size.

Back