Tunze 3152 float sensor water level

MammothWombat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

This is my first ATO, and I am having trouble with the water level for the sensor (How deep to submerge the float sensor?).

Thanks,

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

This is my first ATO, and I am having trouble with the water level for the sensor (How deep to submerge the float sensor?).

Thanks,
install it using the optical eye as your measuring stick as the float is your backup. plug it in and let it go through the initial 10 second fill. depending how high you have the sensor it will either 1) sit at the right level and not do anything or 2) quickly after it will start filling again or start screaming at you for being too full. just adjust the magnate up or down to the level that satisfies the proper operating level .

OP
OP
M

MammothWombat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
install it using the optical eye as your measuring stick as the float is your backup. plug it in and let it go through the initial 10 second fill. depending how high you have the sensor it will either 1) sit at the right level and not do anything or 2) quickly after it will start filling again or start screaming at you for being too full. just adjust the magnate up or down to the level that satisfies the proper operating level .

This is the 3152 not the 3155. It doesn't have an optical sensor

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the 3152 not the 3155. It doesn't have an optical sensor
ok well same process but instead of responding to the optical you just move the magnate up and down to suit your proper water level in relation to the float switch.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back