tunze 3152 issue

reefmaster70

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2025
Messages
998
Reaction score
473
Location
SW Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi all. I have a Tunze 3152 on my tank, and it's been doing it's "job" for almost a year now. However, the last two weeks, for some reason when my ATO reservoir in my sump gets low it won't kick on and refill. I clean all the parts religiously. I'll manually push the float switch up and down and nothing happens...I unplug the ATO power wait for maybe 15-20 seconds and plug it back in and it'll kick in and work just fine again. Any Ideas?? I am stumped and ready to yank this ATO out and get something different.
 
Any Ideas?? I am stumped and ready to yank this ATO out and get something different.
Isn't it still under warranty? Might be.

FYI, it has a "timeout" that kicks in to prevent floods in the event that the unit runs too long during a tank refill....maybe this is happening? It might be hard to notice, but the pump gets momentarily triggered every minute or so to let you know it's in "timeout".

Power-cycling the head unit is required to reset it.
 
Send in an email or have this post moved to their sub forum - do both actually. I've always received a quick reply to my email inquires.
 
thanks everyone. I sent an email to Roger and he got back to me in less than 20 minutes. We got it all figured out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new