Tunze 5017 pump never shuts off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Skibum

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @rvitko, I think I need a replacement controller. Since you fixed the sensor, it is working 1/2 the time. It's better than it was but I would just like to buy a replacement controller if possible. Can you let me know how to get that unit?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me in more detail what is happening? Is it not powering up? Overfilling? Not filling? The controller is part 5017.000, they are $134.99. I strongly suspect I can solve this problem without going to a new controller.

OP
OP
Skibum

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me in more detail what is happening? Is it not powering up? Overfilling? Not filling? The controller is part 5017.000, they are $134.99. I strongly suspect I can solve this problem without going to a new controller.

Hi,

The problem is intermittent. As it stands now, the ATO is working properly. However, over the past few days, several times in fact, the sensor failed to detect a low water level and stopped filling completely. As a bandaid, I've been un-powering and powering my controller until it becomes nominal and starts correctly detecting water levels. I realize that's a not a very good description so perhaps I could give you a call.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, is it possible the sensor has just hazed over already with calcium? Did it work well for a few weeks?

OP
OP
Skibum

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, is it possible the sensor has just hazed over already with calcium? Did it work well for a few weeks?
Weird thing, it works great normally. The last few days no problem. However, sometimes it doesn't sense anything... and doesn't do low water level readings. At that point I have to power off/on a few times and wait to see if it gets back to normal. Sorry about the bad description ;-0.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any possibility there is something getting on the sensor? Some floating debris, an animal? Do you have a grow light in proximity to the sensor? Optic sensors use infrared, better quality grow lights emit infrared light.

OP
OP
Skibum

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any possibility there is something getting on the sensor? Some floating debris, an animal? Do you have a grow light in proximity to the sensor? Optic sensors use infrared, better quality grow lights emit infrared light.

I'll look at the light tonight, there is no debris on it as far as I can tell so I'll check again.

OP
OP
Skibum

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll look at the light tonight, there is no debris on it as far as I can tell so I'll check again.
HI @rvitko

The problem as it now stands is that the sensor doesn't sense H2o levels at all, high or low. When I got the controller back from you 2 months ago, it worked okay for a while, now it doesn't work at all, that's with the new sensor you just installed. At this point I just need it to work because I'm babysitting water levels now ;-(. Let me know if I can order a new controller from Tunze. I looked into ordering from Aquarium Specialty but the item is backlogged for a few weeks. I was hoping to get it solved sooner.

-Tom

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have no spare controllers. The fastest route is likely repair if possible. Right now Osmolators are pretty severely backordered and the spare controllers are as well.

OP
OP
Skibum

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have no spare controllers. The fastest route is likely repair if possible. Right now Osmolators are pretty severely backordered and the spare controllers are as well.
!AH.

Well, should I ship it over to you again?

-Tom

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes please!

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back