Tunze 5017 Sensor Issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter ToastyReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ToastyReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks, another one of those posts, it seems like my optical sensor on my Tunze 5017 ATO has failed. I have cleaned it up with some alcohol wipes, I'm going to try a vinegar soak in a minute here as well. I am looking on the website and I see the sensor in stock, my question is do I need to send it in? I have seen some posts where they said that you could just buy the sensor and swap, and others where it was suggested that calibration might be needed. Mine was working fine and is probably 3 year or so old now.

Details:
It DOES have a SN tag on the cord, I believe it was manufactured post 2021.

Thanks all!
 
With a serial number tag you just order the part, alcohol won't do much here, the issue tends to be calcium deposits, so definitely try the vinegar first.
 
@rvitko Just got it in today from you, plugged it in and it filled right up to the new sensor, thank you so much again!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new