Tunze 6000 and 6100 Mod

  • Thread starter Thread starter bkv1997
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
1,679
Reaction score
5
Location
Chat, TN
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Well I recently upgraded my 6000s with a 6100 transformer but the thing was blowing my substraite all over the place, but the corals were loving the extra flow. After looking at tommy's vortechs i decided to cut the front of the tunze off and the water stream is even wider and now the sand isn't all in the corner.

Just thought i'd pass this along.
Brandon


DSC_0271.jpg


DSC_0273.jpg
 
Cool as heck!! Very nice!
 
thats really neat brandon, Now you just need to figure out how to get that HUGE bulky motor on the outside of the tank! let me know what you have to cut to do that! LOL!
It is a good idea though, congrats on the Mod!
 
Only problem with that mod is that an astrea or like snail can get in there and block the propeller and burn out the motor... Such things are not covered by the warranty...
 
This is brandon, randy you should know better! He doesnt believe in warranties. :tongue:
 
True that, I was mostly speaking to any others whom might be reading... Besides, Brandon makes enough to buy new pumps every time a motor burns out... ;)
 
Dont help him chadfarmer! LOL! Im waiting to see him cut the grate away so there is just an impellar sitting there! :tongue:
 
Well warrantie or not.... I can tell you 100% that the stupid grid didn't block astreas.. because I originally had my pumps in the tunze rocks with my entire rock work built on top of them.

After about 4 times of waking up to an alarm and spending hours trying to pull a snail out with twezzers I pulled the stupid rocks out. I guess if you had huge turbo snails it might keep something out.

Just my 2 cents..... And if they don't want to cover the warranties i'll just get vortechs.. I was looking for an excuse anyways :).

Brandon
 
I think he was just reffering to using the covers to increase the pattern
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new