Tunze 6095

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My power supply for Tunze 6095 is red and doesn't seem to be powering my pump. Will a different power supply work as long as its AC 100-240v 50/60 hz? Or is there something different about the Tunze one's? I don't want to ruin the pump because it's been a good pump for me.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A red power light is normal, this light does not change color, if possible I would test the power supply output with a voltmeter to confirm and make sure the pump is clean/not jammed.

It needs to be a 30W power supply with 2.5 by 5.5 mm tip, tip positive. The pump needs 24V for full power. My best advise would be to get the correct one, part 6095.240, they are not that expensive, about $45 as I recall. I would definitely avoid any that are extremely cheap, they generally run hot and do not last very long and can be unsafe.

OP
OP
Beerman

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It reads 23V. My other one's say 24V. Not sure if that's the issue. The propeller rotates about 2x/second. So it's getting some power. It's clean. I soak in vinegar regularly.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would not be an issue, really 12V+ the pump would run, just slower. I would suspect something is wrong with the pump. How old is it? When you clean them, are you removing the drive unit? Is the metal shaft the drive unit spins on firmly seated in the motor (this part should never come out of the pump)?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back