Tunze 7000 Wi-Fi problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kbos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I bought a 7000 controller from my lfs they used it for a few demos. I have a weird problem with it as I can't connect my phone to the add hoc Wi-Fi signal of the 7000. When I connect I'm getting the message can't receive a ip adress. I'm using an android based phone also tried a iPhone doesn't work either is connect but when browsing to 192.168.2.1 I only get a blank page. Is there a way to solve this or to reset the controller? Already tried disconnecting the power etc..

Kind regards,

Last edited:

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they do any updates or possibly change the settings to connect through a network? I would ask them what method they were connecting to it by. Also, I have seen cases where it takes nearly an hour for the WIFI network to become active, but if you are able to connect to the network in your wifi settings, it is most likely that the issue is some setting they changed and then the best option would be if they could reconnect in the same way and reset the factory settings.

OP
OP
Kbos

Kbos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already thought something like that. They connected it to a router. The problem is the store closed permanently... is there a way to do a reset through the display or a button combination ?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me research this, I am sure there is a way but I don't know it off the top of my head. There are two manuals, so if you get time also check the fancier online color manual on tunze.com, it goes into more detail about the WIFI than the black and white manual that comes with the unit.

OP
OP
Kbos

Kbos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have checked both manuals but there is nothing in it about resetting. The problem got worse can't even detect the Wi-Fi signal anymore.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact Tunze in Germany, info at tunze dot com. The sure fix for both is to change the SD card inside, they can send a new card and you just open it, eject the old card and install the new one.

OP
OP
Kbos

Kbos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx for all the info I mailed. Will let you know how it will get solved

OP
OP
Kbos

Kbos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had contact with tunze. There first response was to send in the controller but that was no option for me because it is controlling the tank atm. So they decided the immediately send me a sd card. I replaced it was a 5min job after that the Wi-Fi worked great so problem solved. Great support by tunze! Rvitko do you know a bit more about connecting to the controller outside the home network? I have readed the online manual about vpn rtf but i diddnt fully understand this.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not done this myself, I only connect directly to the unit. They do have a youtube video on how to do it-

OP
OP
Kbos

Kbos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The controller has only worked for a week and now I'm experiencing a different problem! The Wi-Fi is still working. But my pumps are not alternating in flow anymore. Tryd to Change all settings etc.. when i disconnect the power and reconnect the pumps are pulsing for a few seconds and then switch to lowest flow that is setted. When it is on the lowest flow I can't change it anymore neither by changing the settings. Rvitko do hou have idea what can cause this ? I'm not in a luck with this controller!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have night mode set up? It could be that the clock is not synced correctly so it has the wrong time.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 68 42.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.2%
Back