Tunze 9004 DC and AIO - Will it fit?

chrisdonzella

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
I have read much and am still confused - most threads say no, one or two say yes.

I am planning an IM 50G lagoon (early stages) and want to know if the Tunze 9004 DC will fit in the 2nd chamber. I have read some put it in the return chamber which I know is an option but I really would like it in the 2nd chamber. I plan on running UV and a sock in each of the 1st chambers, dual return pumps and 2 75W heaters as well.

I was considering the PLS Elite 50 but I wanted something more low profile and I have not heard good things about their company (no communication, no one answering phone, no idea of when you item ships, etc...) - for those reason, it may be out for me.

Any one have any experience with the Tunze in the 2nd chamber?\

Thanks!!
-Chris

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you just measure your chamber?
The 9004 is 4 3/8" front to back with the magnet mounts and 3.5" side to side. You need some room for the front to back because of the skimming grates but can always mount sideways to a baffle possibly.

OP
OP
C

chrisdonzella

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!! I am trying to plan it all out before I dive in and I've got to admit, simple logic of using measurements seems to have escaped me in all of this.

Just downloaded the specs on the tank.

The 2nd chamber is 3.7" (front to back) x 4" wide.
The 1st chamber is 3.7" (front to back) and 4.8" wide
The return chamber is 3.7" (front to back) and 10.8" wide.

I guess I have options but not the 2nd chamber. If mounted sideways in the 1st chamber (eliminating the sock which I don't think I want to do), do you suppose there is enough room for water to flow into the grates?

-Chris

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do, there is a .5" clearance if mounted sideways BUT......
Will a piece of equipment almost the entire space of the overflow chamber impede the function of well, the overflow?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back