Tunze 9004 question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Volcom6981

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello so new the Tunze skimmer. I have been out of the hobby for awhile, decided to come back and start a new tank, went with a nano for now 40 gal all in one tank. It’s been up and running for over a month now, I have 4 small fish and a bunch of inverts in the tank right now. I just noticed now I’m getting some brown algae on the rocks before this I had nothing.

So as far as the skimmer I just got it out in the first chamber, and it’s been running for about a week and a half or so maybe 2. The only time I get great froth and great skim is after I feed, it looks great skins great, I check it in the morning the the bubbles are way down and very fine not producing and froth or skim, later I’ll feed and it starts again. So question is, is this because my tank lacks the organics for it to skim great all the time? I also just did a water change and cleaned the cup and it’s not skimming much just fine bubbles. I don’t want to keep messing with the DC controller or moving it up and down, if I don’t have to. Could be a break in thing as well? Thanks for the help

TheTruTaric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had similar issues, the tank being new could cause less scrimmage but mine produces crap loads of micro bubbles since the day I got it

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In general, the DC model is set correctly when 1/3rd of the intake under the cup is submerged and the air flow on the controller is set so it is between 20%-40%, I would usually start between 20-30%. The most plausible based on the behavior is insufficient cellulose and proteins to result in a foam head. The skimmer cannot remove NO3, PO4 or SiO2 so there will be algae growth in newer systems from these substances. It is very important for the performance of the skimmer that water level and tuning stays as consistent as possible.

Back