Tunze 9012 broke

  • Thread starter Thread starter MrDJeep123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2012
Messages
1,937
Reaction score
480
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grrr, it's not been a very good week. The drive unit has broke from the magnet. I've only had the skimmer since January sadly. I've put in a technical support ticket, so I hope they'll send a new one.

Currently the issue is I can't get the magnet out of the pump. No luck with pliers.


Capture.JPG
 
Do you have another magnet. When That happens to my pumps i just turn the pump up side down and Shake the thing out. I like to do it over a towel so it has a nice soft landing spot. Then i just super glue it back together.
 
If that dosent work then the next option is put a little dot of super glue on impeller and hold it to magnet very steady till it dries enough to pull it out. Might take a few tries but you will get it. Then you can break the spot lose once its out and clean both parts and properly secure them together with more super glue. Good luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new