Tunze and RKE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jake1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing an upgrade soon and want to know what people think about controlling your Tunze with your RKE and the pump module? I want to go with Tunze jest so I can control them with my RKE.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no experience with any of the third party controllers on the market, it might be best to ask in the general forums for some end user feedback. I would assume it should work as well as any of the third party controllers. The usual issues being the plugs they use are a converter from DIN to Ethernet and can sometimes not have the best/securest connection and because the controller has its own power supply, a battery backup will not work unless the controller is also backed up or can be disconnected (our controllers are powered by the pump so they work from a single backup of the pump).

Craig Borowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many people are using an RKE to control their Tunze powerheads. You do need RKE's special APC Module to connect them, but apart from that it should be very straightforward. Keep in mind that only some of our powerheads can be controlled (6055, 6095, 6105, 6155, 6255) and trying to control one of the non-controllable powerheads won't work and will also void the warranty.

Comparing the RKE to the Tunze controllers, the RKE will offer more in terms of options and functions. It is however trickier to program. While we make the Tunze controllers to be as user friendly as possible by offering a smaller selection of tried-and-true wave functions and flow modes, the RKE will let you do quite a bit more. Unfortunately since neither Roger or I have any experience programming the RKE, we can't offer any advice on how to program it, but there's quite a bit of help available online for that.

OP
OP
Jake1

Jake1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many people are using an RKE to control their Tunze powerheads. You do need RKE's special APC Module to connect them, but apart from that it should be very straightforward. Keep in mind that only some of our powerheads can be controlled (6055, 6095, 6105, 6155, 6255) and trying to control one of the non-controllable powerheads won't work and will also void the warranty.

Comparing the RKE to the Tunze controllers, the RKE will offer more in terms of options and functions. It is however trickier to program. While we make the Tunze controllers to be as user friendly as possible by offering a smaller selection of tried-and-true wave functions and flow modes, the RKE will let you do quite a bit more. Unfortunately since neither Roger or I have any experience programming the RKE, we can't offer any advice on how to program it, but there's quite a bit of help available online for that.

Thanks man! I am still up in the air about getting the Tunze controller or my RKE

Craig Borowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to help! This chart might be useful. Feel free to follow up with any more questions as they arise...

Controller-Chart.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%

Back