Tunze ato advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter dpracing
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dpracing

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2015
Messages
28
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use this bad boy ?
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1437991851.252453.jpg

Looking for an ato for a 90l nano with a sump 15l
 
I use it. Works great for the purpose. I hear you do not want to run the pump dry other than that works great.
 
I use it. Works great for the purpose. I hear you do not want to run the pump dry other than that works great.

I run my pump dry all the time. It turns itself off so there is no damage. It vibrates the bucket I use for my water so I turn it off unless I'm not around. I've read that the pumps don't last but a couple of years usually but I get around 5 years out of mine so far. They are around $20 to replace and it is good to have a spare unless you have a LFS that carries. I've been using the tunze ato for around 8 years. I personally wouldn't use any other one.

I have the full blown ato and not the nano.
 
i've been using this tunze top off for 4 yrs now since I bought it new. so far so great.
again, this was my first ever top off system so i don't have any thing to compare to but so far it's getting the job done for me.

hope this helps.
 
Thanks, I've ordered a tunze nano. Hoping good things
 
You won't be sorry your ordered one. Just make sure on initial submersion of the pump and every time you take the pump out of the water to tilt the pump upside-down and shake it/tap it to release all the trapped air bubbles.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new