Tunze Care Long or Strong?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Baldguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Baldguy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
983
Reaction score
743
Location
Fort Worth
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems these two magnet cleaners overlap at 1/2" glass which is what I've got. So obviously, the strong has the stronger magnet so should clean better right? And the long will clean not quite so good but move across the glass easier right? So I need comments and suggestions on which to get. Thanks!
 
For the little extra strong but mainly based on tank thickness
 
For the little extra strong but mainly based on tank thickness
Can't really base on tank thickness as both magnets are described as good for 1/2" glass. Price doubles from the Long to the Strong so not sure what "little extra" you're referring to.
 
Can't really base on tank thickness as both magnets are described as good for 1/2" glass. Price doubles from the Long to the Strong so not sure what "little extra" you're referring to.
Keeping future needs in mind should you go to a larger thicker tank
 
i had both for my 1/2" glass tank.. ended up selling the long and keeping the strong. It wasn't hard to move at all n cleaned better
 
I have a Reefer 425XL and the Strong is perfect with the 1/2” front glass. It goes better around the corners and I don’t worry about it falling to the sand at all. Strong is recommended here!
 
I prefer to go one stronger, with the care booster added, it solves the issue of having to work a lot harder as the outer booster acts as a grip and makes it easier to move. The only other negative is with more pressure the blades wear a little faster, but I prefer a lower likelihood of it slipping or decoupling.
 
Wish I saw this just a few days earlier. I got the long today and kinda wish I went with the strong. I have 1/2" glass and it works but have to make a few swipes in some areas but it is definitely strong enough to move coraline. Maybe with the strong I would be able to get everything on one pass, switching from a flipper and I already think it was worth it.
 
I did end up getting the Strong. No regrets. With the flipper it would take several passes and even then didn't quite get it. Strong is the way to go with 1/2" glass.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new