Tunze Comline DOC 9001 skimmer's strainer not removable without breaking

aquariusgine

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2025
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Location
Finland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to use the surface suction but this part, the strainer, is not removable. Instruction say to use a screwdriver but if I try any harder the plastic is going to break. There are already quite a few dents from trying (not shown in picture). I am so disappointed.

How do I safely remove this?

Tunze skimmer.png Tunze skimmer 2.png
 
In my experience it always just pries out, use a broader tipped screwdriver and pry slightly from all 4 sides, work at 6, then 12, then 3, then 9. It is generally rare anyone uses the surface skimmer as most get installed in systems that already have a surface skimmer so they are delivered ready for the most common use.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new