Rating - 0%
0   0   0

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was a cool video. Very interesting. Owning neither if the two I would b curious how the much less espensive korakia stacks up. Yes the vortex do have some really great features I have yet to fully justify the cost in my current setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

ocd_reefer

over-indulger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a nano wavebox on my 120. The constant, natural flow it provides, along with a vortech or two can't be beat.

pelagic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it will be nice to have an external overflow(not the hang on type) and a wave box, I heard a lot of good things about it.

kuyatwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nano wave box on my 150 and get a 2" wave something a a single vortec can't do.

Being a former owner of 4 vortecs I would never own a vortec pump again as it is a faulty design. There is no way to get the magnets to perfectly align that is why people go through wet sides and bearings.

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Vortechs and there are some things that I really love about them. I have been very impressed with how much wider the flow is then with other pumps. I know Tunes and vortechs are both stupidly expensive pumps. Having said that I will likely continue to buy the Vortechs again. Like poolkeeper has alluded to, I love the various wave patters and other features that this test does not address at all. The other thing that I have noticed is that the flow is much wider across the total tank with the Vortechs as compared with other pumps I have used. With pumps synced up you can do some things that start to really replicate the natural flow in the sea. It is the total flow and current in the tank. the absence of dead-spots that I like about my Votechs. I am not saying that tunze are not great pumps I just happen to like the functionality and features of the Vortechs.

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had vortechs pump for about 5.5 yrs now 2 still have the same wetside. I don't think anyone bet or come close to there customer service. Tunze is a good company and make alote of good items for our hobbie. But vortech pumps are better for the money. Just my 2cents.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had vortechs pump for about 5.5 yrs now 2 still have the same wetside. I don't think anyone bet or come close to there customer service. Tunze is a good company and make alote of good items for our hobbie. But vortech pumps are better for the money. Just my 2cents.

+1
Bill

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back