Tunze multicontroller 7097 - discontinuing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ky_acc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ky_acc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2019
Messages
294
Reaction score
125
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rvitko - I have a bunch of Tunze pumps that I want to use in an upcoming build

that said in order to create a more dynamic flow schedule than my current system I will need a controller of some sort.

I was planning to buy a 7097 multicontroller down the line when I get closer to the actual build (6 mo or so)

that said it looks like the controller is discounted on some sites and I was just wondering if that means it’s about to be discontinued or software no longer supported by Tunze?

thank you,
 
Yes, it is being discontinued, they are still available, but the software has not been updated since release and is unlikely to ever be updated. The primary problem for this product and it is one I run into often with a lot of the small repair and work tools I need is that only large software developers get "recognized developer" status, so on a product like this from a small niche company, you have to be an admin, logged in as such and override the safeties on Windows to install and it is very cumbersome for the average user. The updated 7000 should be available early next year and will replace the 7000 and is a much simpler cloud based controller, no software is required.
 
@rvitko That’s great to hear, so there is a replacement in the works that will allow for more advanced controllability for Tunze pumps?

I really like my Tunze pumps but want greater flow control - sounds like that will still be possible as an updated 7000 controller is in the works
 
Yes, and in that not too distant future, maybe next summer, cloud control will be native to the pumps and my understanding is that on older pumps, replacing the controller to add this feature will be possible.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new