Tunze oamolator pump noise

JustinMN18

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2020
Messages
342
Reaction score
88
Location
55427
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tunze pump seems really loud. I have had it running about a year now, in an ATO resivuour outside of the stand. It's very audible. Does anyone have any idea of another pump I could use that provides the same safety features, but is just quieter? I love the tunze system for ato, but would like a quieter pump.
 
I've noticed the same thing. I with they had little rubber feet/suction cup on the bottom as a buffer too.
 
Suspend it. If you look at the reservoirs we offer, they have 2 1/4" holes, one for the cable, one for the hose, the pump is slightly suspended and this dampens the noise considerably. A softer container also makes a huge difference, the worst noise will be with the pump sitting on a very rigid container, acrylic or glass, in a softer polyethylene bucket, it is greatly reduced. We do have a new pump coming very soon that should be quieter, I don't know of any alternatives short of the switched outlet or a solenoid and gravity feed, any connected pump must be 12V DC and use less than 1200mA which is difficult to find.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new