Tunze Osmolator 3154 3 help

Liam's tank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2023
Messages
292
Reaction score
244
Location
18074
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received the Osmolator 3 and right out of the box is not working properly. I have the sensor in the return chamber of my AIO aquarium. the water from the reservoir pumps until the back chamber is completely full. At this point the sensor is entirely under water with the top of the sensor one inch under water.
I have tried unplugging to reset, and it will work for a few hours and then it will be completely submerged again.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
 
Maybe the siphon issue?
If the reservoir water level is higher than outlet tube, it might be siphoning.
Please check the outlet tube is always out of water and maybe try to place the reservoir below the tank to avoid siphoning.
 
Maybe the siphon issue?
If the reservoir water level is higher than outlet tube, it might be siphoning.
Please check the outlet tube is always out of water and maybe try to place the reservoir below the tank to avoid siphoning.
The outlet tube is out of the water and the reservoir sits on the floor well below the tank.
 
Wait a few days, the prism sensor is very suceptable to air bubbles until a biofilm forms, which takes a few days to a week.
 
Ah...just found out that you are using AIO Tank.
It might due to pump high flow, since the return chamber size is quite small and with high pump water flow, it is normal that the final water level will be over the sensor.
I used DC pump with my AIO tank before and water level always higher than sensor about 1 inch.
So I change to autoaqua ato nano, its diaphragm pump with smooth water flow, that my water level finally stops at my sensor
 
Ah...just found out that you are using AIO Tank.
It might due to pump high flow, since the return chamber size is quite small and with high pump water flow, it is normal that the final water level will be over the sensor.
I used DC pump with my AIO tank before and water level always higher than sensor about 1 inch.
So I change to autoaqua ato nano, its diaphragm pump with smooth water flow, that my water level finally stops at my sensor
I don't think that's the problem, the water flow will shut off when it reaches the shut off sensor, but then somehow a moment later the return chamber will fill all the way up and it's not coming from the ATO hose. I can't figure this out!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new