Tunze Osmolator Nano Tank Sizing

Billys_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have the tunze osmolator nano for my 40 gallon tank with 10 gallon sump with no baffles and its working just fine. Planning to upgrade to a 50 gallon low boy with 40 gallon sump no baffles so no smaller return section.

Would the tune nano ato keep up with the evaporation? Anybody have any experience it?

Website says good for around 50 gallon tank but I'm not sure if it's total volume or main tank volume

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have the tunze osmolator nano for my 40 gallon tank with 10 gallon sump with no baffles and its working just fine. Planning to upgrade to a 50 gallon low boy with 40 gallon sump no baffles so no smaller return section.

Would the tune nano ato keep up with the evaporation? Anybody have any experience it?

Website says good for around 50 gallon tank but I'm not sure if it's total volume or main tank volume
I have the nano on a 65g and works flawlessly.

TroutWithLegs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the nano when I moved from a biocube to a 85G system. Worked great, just wanted the backup of the float valve the 3155 adds. Otherwise I would probably still be using the nano.
Ditto here. The nano works great, but having the float/optical combo is really nice.

OP
OP
B

Billys_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the nano when I moved from a biocube to a 85G system. Worked great, just wanted the backup of the float sensor the 3155 adds. Otherwise I would probably still be using the nano.

Ditto here. The nano works great, but having the float/optical combo is really nice.

Yup for sure having extra safety measures is good.

The tunze nano has been working perfectly for the past 6 years so I will be keeping this until it breaks down

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back