Tunze osmolator nano

fishmaster818

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
932
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone use a tunze osmolator nano to dose kalk if so is it slow enough also how has it been working
 
I just got a tunze osmolator nano too, so am curious about this.
 
I've been using mine to dose kalk for about a month now with no issues at all. I use a small plastic cup cut in half and put the pump in that, so the pump doesn't suck up any debris from the kalk on the bottom of the container.
 
Why use that pump? Seems too fast for dosing kalk. I guess if your tank is huge then it might not shock the tank much but a small tank like 55 gallon, or less, I would not do that
 
It hasn't shocked anything. I don't evaporate that much water daily. Like I said I haven't seen any issues. If I do, I'll stop dosing it this way, but so far so good.
 
I use it. Two teaspoons to one gallon of water. pH stays around 8.2, Ca 500 and alk 8.5-9. I still dose alk daily.

Used on a 20 gallon JBJ RL via Tunze Osmolator 3152. Sps dominate systems with a couple anemones.
 
You might want to take this to the tunze forum. I remember a few years back that you could get build up on the pump and ruin it when dosing, but I don't remember what they said not to dose. Tunze offers a kalk addon for their ato system. I don't see why it wouldn't work with the nano version.
 
Who uses the tunze osmolator nano to dose kalkwasser or do you know anyone. I want to get one that I can use for kalk and I really hope this on works well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new