Tunze smart controller 700

som857ee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want only a cotroller that can control the tempeture not something fancy luke apex help me decide what will be best for my need i use chiller at summer.

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the smart controller. It’s a nice concept and will only get stronger as they develop more for it. It will control up to 900 watts of heating it can also control cooling. Will except ph probe and can be used to control a calcium reactor. Also works with all controllable pumps. With that being said it is a new product and does have its issues. I I’ve two main complaints about it at this time. I still have not been able to connect it so I can acces it outside of my home and this leads to complaint number 2. You can set your language to English but any notices or warnings or errors that come up are in German. It gives me a error when I try to connect but I don’t know what it is because it’s in German. I have only had it a few months. I know they should be releasing more for it this summer so I will be holding out till then. If I don’t see a vast improvement I will most likely jump ship and switch to GHL. I don’t need or want a full on automated tank so will look at the GHL Mini.

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I think you will have the same issues you seeing with the Tunze 7000 with connecting to it outside the house with the GHL Mini as there is no connection problem. To access the 7000 outside of the home, I believe you need to open up some ports on your home router to let traffic in. Not something I am prepared to do which is a shame, because I like this controller.

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I am aware of the ghl not being able to connect outside the home or even being wireless for that matter and it’s a sacrifice I would be willing to make for a interface that works well and I can read. the smart controller uses some sort of vpn but that’s all I know.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back