Tunze Smart Controller 7000 - pre-purchase questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Punchanello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tunze,

I'm interested in purchasing the Smart Controller 7000 but had a couple of questions after reading the manual -

• The manual says that "Devices for heating must be connected to an (additional) switching socket 7070.120 (2) on channel 2". Can an additional switching socket be used on another channel to run a second heater for redundancy?
  • Is the SC7000 capable of turn the switching sockets on and off on a timer or are they only regulated by the temp or pH readings?
  • Can other controllable Tunze pumps like the 1073.020 be controlled by the SC7000?
Thank you.

Punchy

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only one socket would be designated for heating, however, the sockets handle 900W, you can simply plug in a 6 strip or any splitter to connect multiple units as long as the load is under 900W.

Any sockets not dedicated to temperature control or pH control can be run as timed outlets, with up to 2 off and on cycles per day.

1073.020 is not controllable. 1073.050 would be the controllable version, if you have an older one which lacks the 7090.200 you can connect it, if you have the newer version 7090.200 needs to be replaced by 7090.500 to be able to control it, we don't assume a need to control return pumps so the present production uses a basic controller to just set one fixed speed and allows no connection to other controllers, this also applies to 5005.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back