Tunze Stream is no longer pumping

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ezeke1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stream powers on, but it's flashing a red led. There is a combination of white leds and a single red led flashing but I'm not able to interpret what it means.

In the past when this happens, the motor works and the impeller eventually spins but in this event it does not appear the pump is doing anything.

What can I do to troubleshoot what is wrong?

OP
OP
Ezeke1

Ezeke1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll also add that the impeller appears to be corroding as you can see the metal beneath the plastic cover. I'm not sure this would prevent the pump from running however.

IMG_4385.jpg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is either oscillating because the bearing support is broken or some foreign object was inside. I would remove the L shaped plate that covers the bottom of the pump and that the magnet holders mount on. This will reveal the bearing support on the bottom and it may be cracked. This issue was limited to a run where an employee found an "easier" way to assemble the pump than what the engineers instructed him to do, but in this case the frame cracks, the bearing drops and the magnet field is misaligned so the pump struggles to start and the drive unit oscillates. We would of course replace it.

OP
OP
Ezeke1

Ezeke1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disassembled the pump per the instructions in the manual. Is this the bearing and does it look ok?

IMG_4406.jpg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is cracked, this is the issue, that is the bearing frame, the actual bearing is the part that falls out from inside, but with the cracks, the bearing drops, wears out and if you replace it it will just happen again. This was a defect due to an employee that had his own ideas on how to assemble the pump and was solved some time ago. Can you email me a copy of the receipt? Tunze at sbcglobal dot net?

OP
OP
Ezeke1

Ezeke1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent you an email per request. Will the chip in the rotor be an issue as well?

OP
OP
Ezeke1

Ezeke1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger is sending me a kit to replace the bearing frame. Thanks again for your help Roger!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s crazy service.... why tunze is #1

Other manufacturers with new fancy DC pumps only give 1 year warranty for a reason!

Justin Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had several dealing with Roger over the years and can't believe how quick and easy Tunze is to deal with. Every single time I'm had an issue, it's been taken care of. I don't want to hijack the thread but wanted to let the good folks at Tunze know their service is noticed and appreciated.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm unaware of the warranty as I dont have equipment yet. But I'm in the forums reading and I bothered roger on here and email about what to get and still was basically like. Are you sure 6095 will be enough for this. Sure? Sure? Ahah and he always responded quick and professiona . Plus all the threads I read about him quickly replacing pumps. No question. Furthermore, if it's just plain out of warranty. These members are sending it out and ita getting fixed and returned within days. Its exactly that. It's crazy service.

I bet some pumps I'll own and members own. Once warranty is out. Some companies will probably say your out of luck? Or even delay or fight tooth and nail to not replace it.

From what I'm witnessing by reading all these threads the last couple months

Roger is the opposite. I'm sold.

gerards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn’t agree more with the comments here. Kudos to Roger and Tunze for always providing top notch customer service.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back