Tunze Stream problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ezeke1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DB8D1D4D-0030-4C6C-9D2D-8F4E3820E4B8.jpeg
Can anyone help diagnose what is wrong with my new stream? Over the past few days the propeller stops spinning and the pump makes short whirring sound to indicate a problem.

I have reassembled it twice and that gets the pump working again temporarily. Here’s a pic of the led indicators in its current state.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to my manual that is excessive temperature. As it explains:
The maximum operating temperature of the electronics has been exceeded. (Only occurs in case of an improper use of the pump in liquids with more than 35 degrees C)

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The probable cause is the bearing at the bottom of the impeller is damaged, I had this happen on my home tank after the pump took in some sand. I have also seen a couple cases where the pump was damaged in shipping so the cage that supports the bearing cracked and it is lower in position as a result and the bearing is damaged but the motor would need to be replaced if this is the case. Shoot me an email. Tunze at sbcglobal dot net

OP
OP
Ezeke1

Ezeke1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to my manual that is excessive temperature. As it explains:
The maximum operating temperature of the electronics has been exceeded. (Only occurs in case of an improper use of the pump in liquids with more than 35 degrees C)

Thank you for the info. I don’t think the issue is temperature related because I have another tunze running on the opposite end of the tank and that one has no issue. My tsnk temp varies from 78-80.

OP
OP
Ezeke1

Ezeke1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The probable cause is the bearing at the bottom of the impeller is damaged, I had this happen on my home tank after the pump took in some sand. I have also seen a couple cases where the pump was damaged in shipping so the cage that supports the bearing cracked and it is lower in position as a result and the bearing is damaged but the motor would need to be replaced if this is the case. Shoot me an email. Tunze at sbcglobal dot net

Thanks Roger. I’ll shoot you an email.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back