Tunze Turbelle electronic - Multiple pump control

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in investing in new Tunze pumps and lean to get 2 Tunze 6105 pumps with electronic controllers for each of the pumps.
When buying these pumps, will it be possible to control the pumps with 1 controller (while both are connected master/slave) or would I need an extra feature to get the 2 connected?

I see that there is a second option available in a Turbelle Stream Kit II (TS24) which comes with 1 controller for both pumps.

The idea is to replace my existing Vortech MP40's with these 2 pumps in a peninsula style tank with both pumps at the overflow side.

Anybody with experience?

45872556752_9e92cbae1e_k.jpg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the tank dimensions?

Since 2015 the pumps now include a controller, these controllers can be networked and one is master and slave, for basic pulse mode and wave mode all that is needed is the pumps and a cable. If you want more advanced modes, like intervals between pumps and storm mode, you would need a 7097. TS24 is not something we offer anymore so I am not sure what this would include as at this time it would be a set that a dealer is putting together on their own.

OP
OP
Janci

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the tank dimensions?

Since 2015 the pumps now include a controller, these controllers can be networked and one is master and slave, for basic pulse mode and wave mode all that is needed is the pumps and a cable. If you want more advanced modes, like intervals between pumps and storm mode, you would need a 7097. TS24 is not something we offer anymore so I am not sure what this would include as at this time it would be a set that a dealer is putting together on their own.

I found the TS24 on a website in Germany.
The tank is 52"×32"×20"

So if I order 2 Tunze 6105 (6105.000) with the controller, all I need is a cable to let them run in synchro.
Which cable would that be?

OP
OP
Janci

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

peppe_67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using 2 Tunze 6095 Nanostream and to control them I use Tunze multicontroller 7096. That lets me controll the pumps easily by my computer. I've set up tidalflow so it alterates the pumps driving them for 6 hours each ( and every once in a while it goes in to storm mode) alternating between 30 and 100% at night when the lights go down the pumps only work at 30%. And then the "moon" lights up ( following the moon cycle) It works perfect.

OP
OP
Janci

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using 2 Tunze 6095 Nanostream and to control them I use Tunze multicontroller 7096. That lets me controll the pumps easily by my computer. I've set up tidalflow so it alterates the pumps driving them for 6 hours each ( and every once in a while it goes in to storm mode) alternating between 30 and 100% at night when the lights go down the pumps only work at 30%. And then the "moon" lights up ( following the moon cycle) It works perfect.
Thank you for the information.
Is the connection with the computer wireless, or would I need another cable to connect to the controller 7096?

peppe_67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the information.
Is the connection with the computer wireless, or would I need another cable to connect to the controller 7096?
It came with a 5 meter long USB cable for connecting the computer. But you'll only to have it connected to upload settings, then you could put it away until you need to change anything again.

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been a long time Tunze user and don’t really care for the new controllers, they are a royal PITA to run the wires and also to remove them to clean with a clunky controller dangling. Tunze really needs to put a quick connect on the pump leads to the new controller. Also lack the adjustability. I also have had acros spawn multiple times over the years with the moon light, another added benefit to the external controllers.

OP
OP
Janci

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been a long time Tunze user and don’t really care for the new controllers, they are a royal PITA to run the wires and also to remove them to clean with a clunky controller dangling. Tunze really needs to put a quick connect on the pump leads to the new controller. Also lack the adjustability. I also have had acros spawn multiple times over the years with the moon light, another added benefit to the external controllers.

Hi. Thank you for your input.
What do you mean lack of adjustability?
I imagine that some sort of wifi or bluetooth is recommended nowadays, but as I count on running them on a GHL controller, this wire issue is not really an issue.
I do like to hear more about that adjustability remark.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back