Tunzs MAR-3181 Macro Algae Reactor questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't do d a ton on this guy. Is it worth grabbing? My five space is like 3 inches side to side, 8 to 12 inches tall and 10 inches front to back. Plan a is to get an ecochic when it's ba l in stock, but would I be better served with a reactor? 72 gallon tank

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nice thing about the Tunze macro reactor is that you can run it externally, so if you don't have the room in your sump, this is a huge plus. Given your dimensions, you've got a roughly 1 gallon area in your fuge for a refugium. While it can provide some value, it's not going to be a substantial nutrient export method given the size of your display. To that end, it might be worth considering an external reactor like the Tunze so that you can increase the amount of chaeto that you can grow. Either way, I don't think that you'll be able to rely on the chaeto as a primary nutrient export method for your tank. Unless you have a very low bio load, you'll still have to employ other export strategies like water changes to help keep your parameters in line.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nice thing about the Tunze macro reactor is that you can run it externally, so if you don't have the room in your sump, this is a huge plus. Given your dimensions, you've got a roughly 1 gallon area in your fuge for a refugium. While it can provide some value, it's not going to be a substantial nutrient export method given the size of your display. To that end, it might be worth considering an external reactor like the Tunze so that you can increase the amount of chaeto that you can grow. Either way, I don't think that you'll be able to rely on the chaeto as a primary nutrient export method for your tank. Unless you have a very low bio load, you'll still have to employ other export strategies like water changes to help keep your parameters in line.
Thank you! ill see what my budget allows, but i wondered if i would have to look at a macro reactor for those exact reasons. a small fuge. i plan to code my Reef angel for weekly or daily small WC eventually anyways once were stable so that will be in play as well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back