Turbinaria curling

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mathew0
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mathew0

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2022
Messages
267
Reaction score
166
Location
Plymouth, MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this coral a couple days ago from a fellow reefer. After some research, I believe it is a Turbinaria.
It has started to curl up along the bottom. I’m wondering if this is normal ‘settling in’ behavior, or if it’s unhappy with the placement. It’s getting medium light and low-med flow.

30589AE1-40AB-4D74-A2F9-585F529E43F8.jpeg
 
Not tubinaria, it's a cabbage leather.
It looks very healthy and happy, very nice piece you got from your friend.
Medium light and medium flow, you got it.
 
Hmm, maybe. Doesn’t look like my other cabbages, tho.
 

Attachments

  • 6BDA457E-F6C5-4A46-AE7E-5E3BCCCAB221.jpeg
    6BDA457E-F6C5-4A46-AE7E-5E3BCCCAB221.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 70
its a "neon green cabbage", specifically, a sinularia coral.

A tubinaria is a hard coral, it will feel like a plate.

Touch it, yours should be soft, like a leather.
 
I got this coral a couple days ago from a fellow reefer. After some research, I believe it is a Turbinaria.
It has started to curl up along the bottom. I’m wondering if this is normal ‘settling in’ behavior, or if it’s unhappy with the placement. It’s getting medium light and low-med flow.

30589AE1-40AB-4D74-A2F9-585F529E43F8.jpeg
Its cabbage which has no definitive shape or pattern. I provide moderate to medium ligt and flow and do add a few drops of iron and manganese weekly
Looks very similar to mine:
1682271784815.png
360g corals4.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new