Turbinaria peltata?

  • Thread starter Thread starter atoll
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

atoll

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2012
Messages
5,984
Reaction score
11,212
Location
Wales UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I think it's a Turbinaria peltata but not 100% sure. However, unlike other Turbinaria coral I have its a very slow grower for me. It's a nice deep green colour with short polyps. Only grown half the size again in 2 years while my other Tubinaria reniformis has quadrupled in size.
20230109_133600.jpg
 
Yup, I've had the same esperiences even with them in very close proximity.
My Peltata and reniformis are about 10" away from one another. I have cut back a Chalice that was all but touching it.
I bought my Peltata frag the same time as a mate, his died while mine looks healthy enough, just very slow growing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new