turbo snail abandons shell

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brandon42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
One of my turbo snails left its shell and lives in a rock. She had babies as well. Here’s a video of her moving around...

And 2 photos of her face and body...

I noticed her empty shell about a week ago and now my tank is full of babies. B4E6B0DC-75E9-44EF-A44D-CEFBFA6EAB46.jpeg E47FA807-5586-4314-8084-418B8A60A41F.jpeg
This is a Stomatella snail. It was never in that turbo snail shell.
 
This is a Stomatella snail. It was never in that turbo snail shell.
Actually, there’s 4 of them in there now. Their faces definitely look just like the turbo snail face though. How would these have gotten in my tank? Nothing has been added since end of March/first of April...?
 
Last edited:
Actually, there’s 4 of them in there now. Their faces definitely look just like the turbo snail face though. How would these have gotten in my tank? Nothing has been added since end of March/first of April...?
Most likely they were hitchhikers on your rock.
 
Today I just noticed my snail is out it shell as well .Don't know why but still moving around

I got same problem today, one of my turbo snail is out it's shell I don't know why .

15783412798323820738827542965117.jpg 15783413244528087797580273554056.jpg
Hi today I facing the same problem, my turbo snail get out from its shell and moving around, your snail survive or not after this?
 
I agree on stomatella
 
I'm a noob reef tank owner and had one of my snails on it's back today. I was told they can right themselves so I left it. Came back after dinner and it is not in the shell anymore. Was it eaten? I have a shrimp and an emerald crab in the tank as well.
 
One of my turbo snails left its shell and lives in a rock. She had babies as well. Here’s a video of her moving around...

And 2 photos of her face and body...

I noticed her empty shell about a week ago and now my tank is full of babies. B4E6B0DC-75E9-44EF-A44D-CEFBFA6EAB46.jpeg E47FA807-5586-4314-8084-418B8A60A41F.jpeg

These are stometella snails
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new