Turf algae Gone!

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had a reasonably bad case of turf algae,that was starting to become an issue.After watching the BRS interview with Vibrant I decided to take a longer slow approach to eradication,looking at it as a few months process instead of a quick fix.Roses vibrant every two weeks for six weeks ..saw some improvement ...Then I decided to rise flucanazole,,,Flux rx....a week later the algae started to turn gray..added a few ORA urchins and 3 emerald crabs.waited 2 weeks and started vibrant again....turf algae is 95% gone and my clean up crew is scraping the last f it clean...should have taken pics of the before...as with all things in this hobby nothing good comes fast

BeardedMcG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using vibrant for 6 weeks. Works great to limit growth but hasn’t complete killed it off. Is recently found a patch of bryopsis so I’m looking at flucanazole as well.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed to do back to back treatments to get rid of most of the turf algae. The algae that's in the light dies quicker than the algae that's in the shadows so although most of it's gone I still have some that didn't die off and will need to do another treatment soon.
I was doing both Vibrant and Flucanozole but my tank is one of those that had adverse effects using Vibrant and lost some SPS and LPS so I quit using it.

Brian Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you follow the instructions on the bottle or use some other method. I’m currently on week 9 of vibrant, including manual removal and I’m not really gaining any ground on the turf algae. Any advice would be appreciated.

jrock flimflam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have GHA and Turf. Just dosed ReefRX today. I believe I am on the lite side of directions. Got a phone call in the middle of mixing and lost track of scoops so stopped short vs going over.
Adding new UV (My old one dies about a month ago) this Friday. Will add before and after pics in a week.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 177 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.9%
Back