BK's 120g Tank (Re) Build!

Brian Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My journey into the world of reefing has been challenging to say the least. My first build started in May of 2018 with a 72g bow front. That tank was pitched in the dumpster in June 2019 because I basically did everything wrong. I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion on my surmounting failures, but for now I'd like to talk about the new build, where it's at and hopefully where I'm going. Planning began in October of last year and was filled with water on March 17, 2019. Thank you to everyone that helped me along the way I look forward to some good discussion.

Equipment
-Marineland 120g dual corner overflows. (60"x18"x26")
-Emerald 34 Sump (Green)
-Emerald 10 Gallon ATO (Green)
-100lbs of Reef Saver Dry Rock
-2" thick Aragonite Special Grade Sand Bed
-EcoTech Vortech MP40WQD Power Head
-1x Turbelle Nanostream 6025 (Carry over from 72g tank)
-Sicce Syncra SDC6.0
-Tunze Osmolator 3155 ATO
-Reef Octopus 110 INT Classic (Carry over)
-2x Kessil A360x lights with Spectral Controller
-6 Stage 150 GPD Water Saver Deluxe Plus RO/DI System
-Cobalt AccuTherm 300w Heater

IMG_3321.jpg

OP
OP
Brian Kennedy

Brian Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I filled it with rodi and reef crystals, Dr Tim's and a fed it first with ammonia and then with LRS when i ran out of ammonia. Added the first fish after 43 days. Lights on after 77 days.

OP
OP
Brian Kennedy

Brian Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've really done a terrible job at keeping this up to date! The tank went through a brief dino phase and I do have some patches of GHA that I'm manually removing. I converted and added 2 black mollies to the reef and they are living happily, disease free for the past 5 weeks. My gigantic male emerald crab has been banished to the sump for eating Zoas. About two weeks ago I added chaeto with a Kessil H150.

Current Stock List:
2 ocellaris clownfish
2 Black mollies
1 skunk schrimp
1 coral banded shrimp
1 emerald crab in DT
1 emerald crab in Sump
1 strawberry crab
2 conchs
9 WWC Zoas
2 WWC chalices
1 WWC encrusting monti
1 WWC Acropora
1 WWC Leptastrea
1 WWC Favia

I'm currently looking for 1 Kole Tang and either 1 foxface or 1 yellow tang. I seem to be having a hard time deciding on which wrasse to get.

Back