Turquoise Staghorn light acclimation?

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2018
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
3,270
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a large Turquoise Stag frag today for $20 so I couldn’t say no. I drip acclimated then dipped it in Revive and placed in my tank. I’m not a big Acro guy (more Monti) so I just took a shot and placed it near my ORA Birdsnest that is doing really well. I turned off the white spectrum and left the blues on and figured I’d let it acclimate to that and run the whites again tomorrow? Am I over thinking this? He’s been in the tank for 20 min now and I can already see his polyps so I know that’s a good sign.
 
643900D6-9C33-4D32-A46B-50A224C0574A.jpeg
 
I have an ora turquoise stag that's brown as hell unless I absolutely blast it with good light from hydra 26s and t5. I'm talking 500+ par. I think you'll be fine. Great piece. Been a slow grower for me though.
 
I have an ora turquoise stag that's brown as hell unless I absolutely blast it with good light from hydra 26s and t5. I'm talking 500+ par. I think you'll be fine. Great piece. Been a slow grower for me though.

I’ve got him pretty high in the tank with my birdsnest (it’s doing great) I’m hoping that will transfer over to this one.
 
My turquoise stag has been mostly brown for over a year. Maddening. Hopefully you got an easier one to color up!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new