Sneaky's 225 gallon!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cbe8dc697eb6a8a72f20ce1af34a5c6c.jpg

My advice is keep doing what you did to create that image. It is beautiful. I can barely get my iPhone to focus though, so take my compliment for what it is worth.
:)

OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more for good measure...

I drove a good distance to trade someone a high end frag for a og bounce. I should have know when I he texted me the frag was small and the lower the average price tag that it was a joke.

Here is my newly added PIN DROP of a bounce.

MORAL OF THE STORY.... be careful who you deal with

ad0bde48c4f930ca884fe54f449b20b5.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newer addition to the tank. It came in bland but it has so much potential. Top shelf’s colony is stunning in person

Tsa star scream
828123e1c77f9ba21e26d2a15ca1ce16.jpg
That’s a beautiful picture.........

Giddyup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have yourself a Happy Reef, congrats! Great pics too!

Looks like you have a similar issue to mine with vermetid snails growing through your SPS. If you find a way to rid tank of those buggers let us know...

Quick question on camera technique,

Do you set any WB before pics or just shoot in RAW and do all editing, post process? I am inspired by your photos and gonna get the canon x3i out soon [emoji106]

OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both great tenius there. I think I prefer the angry birds too

Every time I go to top shelf the angry bird just blows me away. They have PACKED farm tanks and you can easily spot it out! I’m really hoping this piece does well for me

You have yourself a Happy Reef, congrats! Great pics too!

Looks like you have a similar issue to mine with vermetid snails growing through your SPS. If you find a way to rid tank of those buggers let us know...

Quick question on camera technique,

Do you set any WB before pics or just shoot in RAW and do all editing, post process? I am inspired by your photos and gonna get the canon x3i out soon [emoji106]

Thank you!

I was wondering what they were called! The snails have not affected any of the corals or else they would have been long gone. Most of the time the sps just encrusts over them.

I really am still trying to figure out the whole picture technique. Some days I feel like I can get good pics and other days I’m dumbfounded on how I couldn’t get a single good pic. I just started shootings in raw and editing in Lightroom. I do use a gel filter on occasion. The goal is to not over saturate the pictures but only to get the pictures as life like as possible

I picked this one up recently and it is a real beautiful specimen. Hope it grows to be as beautiful as yours!

You got it from the sale?! I passed out before the sale began and by the time I woke I knew most of the best corals got cherry picked.

It’s really encrusted well for me but no vertical growth yet. So far it’s a really nice piece

Last edited:

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back