Tutorial ro set up 2 versas as an AWC

  • Thread starter Thread starter exnisstech
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,654
Reaction score
33,580
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously considering AWC systems for my two tanks on the first floor with basement mixing station and rodi brute.
Any one know of a tutorial or can give a brief explanation? How not to activate the ATO when changing water is a concern I can't figure out on my own. I'm somewhat familiar without Mobius and assume (?) I can calibrate the pumps using the app and assume (?) I can program x amount out and x amount back in on timers through Mobius but how do I stop the ATO from activating. I have no Apex or other controllers so the AWC will have to be done with a stand alone system or app controlled.
 
Mobius has templates built into the versa pumps. You simply would have one versa pulling water from your sump or display and sending the output to your drain and then a second versa pulling new saltwater and dumping it back into your sump. Set them both for the same amount you want to change daily and then set your timer. by default, I think it’s set to run continuously throughout the day, but you can schedule it to run as short or as long as you want.

IMG_0685.png
 
1-2% daily is a good amount to set up for AWC. If you are taking out and adding in at the same time it should not trigger your ato.

 
1-2% daily is a good amount to set up for AWC. If you are taking out and adding in at the same time it should not trigger your ato.


I'm thinking drain from the last chamber and fill in the first. This may not be as complicated as I thought. Thanks for your help.
 
Update I think I'm making progress and have a 2 hour cycle running on two pumps. I think my problem is the UI is a bit different because the videos are early and it looks different and I'm also a bit tech challenged and it takes a while to learn new stuff.
I forgot to mention I scored a 4 pack with base station NOS and my LFS for $600. I was only planning in a AWC but now calcium ans alk are going on dosers also. These versa are really quite compared to my reefdose.

Bumping this because I'm lost. I have Android and iPhone and both do not have the icons at the bottom so I can not select the pumps to complete the setup . I'm using two videos and both appear the same but I am unable to complete the process.
Anyone have any suggestions?

This is my screen
Screenshot_20260911-145040.png


And this is what the videos show when they instruct to select the pump icon
PXL_20260911_185156026~2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Is your top screenshot from android or iPhone? I have an iPhone and iPad, and mostly access the mobius app from the iPad, but I can try on my iPhone to see what it looks like.

It my iPad looks totally different. On my “dashboard” I selected the two pumps, and named one water change out, and the other water change in. Set them both to the water change template, and then told it how much I want to remove and add daily and over what period of time.

I did add two “widgets” via the 3 dots … inside the circle and selected the corresponding pump, picked “health” since seems to be what the versa are listed under, then selected current dosage as the choice since it shows the amount being removed or added in real time.
IMG_0687.png
 
Is your top screenshot from android or iPhone? I have an iPhone and iPad, and mostly access the mobius app from the iPad, but I can try on my iPhone to see what it looks like.

It my iPad looks totally different. On my “dashboard” I selected the two pumps, and named one water change out, and the other water change in. Set them both to the water change template, and then told it how much I want to remove and add daily and over what period of time.

I did add two “widgets” via the 3 dots … inside the circle and selected the corresponding pump, picked “health” since seems to be what the versa are listed under, then selected current dosage as the choice since it shows the amount being removed or added in real time.
IMG_0687.png
Android but it looks the same on an iPhone 11. I figured it out but couldn't explain it if I had to 🤭

I found a video from ecotech that steered me in the right direction.
I have it set for 4000 ml over 2 hours 4 times a day. Thanks again.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new