Two Acro IDs

  • Thread starter Thread starter Schgred
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Schgred

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2014
Messages
110
Reaction score
2
Location
Wausau, Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought frags of these two colonies. Any help on the scientific name of these?
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1424805568.284046.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1424805581.463797.jpg
 
I wish I knew, but here's a bump. Maybe the morning crew will put down their coffee and offer up an id!! haha
 
Thanks. Carduus is the same as the red dragon isn't it? If so, this looks pretty sweet. Almost like a red dragon but with green polyps!
 
Thanks. Carduus is the same as the red dragon isn't it? If so, this looks pretty sweet. Almost like a red dragon but with green polyps!

Last Dragon or some call it the Twilight Dragon.
 
Last dragon and twilight dragon are different. Seems that those have green on new growth. The one I posted above, the polyps are green, not new growth.
 
Thanks. Carduus is the same as the red dragon isn't it? If so, this looks pretty sweet. Almost like a red dragon but with green polyps!
I've seen some say that it is but the branches are to delicate I'd say there's a way bigger chance the red dragon is acropora walindii than a carduus almost positive of it hope the info helps :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new