Two kinds of mystery fish

SlasherZ

I dunno, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! My neighbor goes fishing regularly and knows I have aquariums. He brought me a bucket with some "bait fish" and said he brought them back after fishing and was just going to dump them out in his yard if I didn't want them.

Seemed pretty messed up to me so I took them. He said he netted them off the gulf and they were in salt water in the bucket.

I have a 10g "native tank" I've been playing with lately that's just a thin stripe Hermit crab, some sort of whelk, and a mangrove crab that the kid and I caught. I decided to put the "bait fish"in there for the time being while I either decide to take them back to the beach at some point or put them in my 20g long that I was moving my native stuff into anyways. But as is, with all six of those fish in there it's definitely overstocked.

I don't want to put these randos into my reef tank or my Macro tank and have them mess things up.

I guess any info on possible ID would help me make my decision on whether to put them into the upgraded native tank or just to make the hour trip down to the gulf and release them. Thanks!

1000014949.jpg

Two of these guys

1000014954.jpg
1000014945.jpg
1000014955.jpg

And four of these.

I used to keep fw killifish and these bigger striped guys kinda look like a killi to me, but I didn't know there were sw killis.

Thanks for the help!

AllyssaM23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not 100% sure but this is what comes up with google search. Striped Killifish

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240406_171501_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240406_171501_Google.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
SlasherZ

SlasherZ

I dunno, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not 100% sure but this is what comes up with google search. Striped Killifish
Okay so I was on the right path thinking killifish! I totally blanked on Google reverse image search... It usually gives me crazy stuff that's not even close! Those striped killis do look quite close.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 62 34.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back