Two male blue throats

  • Thread starter Thread starter jomatty
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jomatty

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2012
Messages
125
Reaction score
21
Location
charlottesville va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a year ago I purchased a pair of blue throat triggers. Over the past few weeks the female has gotten a beautiful bright blue throat and the yellow on "her" fins has really started to pop. It seems clear that it was a juvenile male who's colors just had not filled in. They have been together a year with no aggression towards each other. Is conflict inevitable or is it possible for two males to peacefully coexist?
 
Anyone have any experience with this? Should I wait till a problem occurs or is it inevitable. By the way these are two of my absolute favorite fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new