Two Mouthed is Now Two Mouths

  • Thread starter Thread starter DHill6
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DHill6

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
2,817
Reaction score
1,696
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was a two mouthed scoly I think. I had cut the rock it was attached too trying to straighten out the drop off mouth . Today I noticed a tear starting so I got the scapel and helped it along. I don’t see why these wouldn’t heal do you? They both have a mouth. Any suggestions on this? Back story...originally purchased two frags of this. They were tiny fingernail tip sized from CB. Sold as welso-scoly hybrids. The original photo I don’t have but the mother colony was not flat like a scoly. They get very puffy.
AA0A2111-401F-41E1-A7EA-ED260E29BFF9.jpeg
 
Wellso’s and scoly Australius are so vastly different I don’t know how they could possibly make a hybrid like cornbread is claiming... very pretty and cool though! They do look like they both could potentially survive and do well. Well done.
 
Wellso’s and scoly Australius are so vastly different I don’t know how they could possibly make a hybrid like cornbread is claiming... very pretty and cool though! They do look like they both could potentially survive and do well. Well done.
That’s what I was thinking and led me to the scoly more. They definitely grew from a fingernail tip size. I cut the bigger one in half since I attempted to cut down the skeleton and it broke in two. We shall see what happens there, one never knows.
 
Wellso’s and scoly Australius are so vastly different I don’t know how they could possibly make a hybrid like cornbread is claiming... very pretty and cool though! They do look like they both could potentially survive and do well. Well done.
the ridges, could this be a welso more than scoly?
87610D9C-54A2-4147-8991-33709FA212B6.jpeg
78B8ED61-18D7-476F-B96C-6C09178EB5CC.jpeg
th
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new