two of the same fish together

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
373
Reaction score
92
Location
Union Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently lost my Emperor Angel. I have always wanted 2 in my tank. My thought is to add 2 Juveniles to the tank and let them grow up together. Would this work?

Its a 375 Gallon SPS Tank with the following fish:

1 Yellow Belly Hippo Tang (added March 2008)
3 Orange Clown Gobies (11-16-2012)
1 Regal Angel (added March/2008)
1 Hoeven’s Wrasse (9/21/2011)
1 Yellow Tailed Angel (April/19/2008)
1 Flame Fin Tomini Tang (May/2007)
1 Coral Beauty (May/2007)
1 Male Orange Anthias (Lyretail) (added Feb/2008)
1 female Mandarin (Jan 7 2010)
1 Yellow Pyramid Butterfly (Dec 20 2010)
1 Female Square Spot Anthia (June 2010)
1 White-faced Tang (8-26-2012)
1 Yellow Coris Wrasse Butterfly (12-13-2013)
1 Yellow Pyramid Butterfly (2-21-2012)
1 Black Pyramid Butterfly (May 14 2010)
1 Maculiceps Tang (2-11-2014)
1 Yellow Coris Wrasse (12-13-2013)
3 Yellow Pyramid Butterfly (8-21-2014)
1 Cleaner Wrasse
 
You just never know if they will be compatible or not. My thinking is to only keep one.
 
You just never know if they will be compatible or not. My thinking is to only keep one.

I agree. The only way that I could think of it working is if you do a male/female pair. I have no clue on how to sex these guys.
 
Juvs. should all be female and the dominate one should change to a male as they grow from what I can tell.
 
you can, but they have to be difference in sizes, i would go with one about 5" or bigger and the other one should be about 3" or smaller. i was able to have 4 regals angel in my 144 gallons reef tank. just in my opinion.
 
Thanks for the responses, I had heard about getting different sizes. Not sure I want to start that big, I was thinking 1-2" range Juveniles.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new