Tydemania expeditionis

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone kept this Macroalgae or is it classed nuisance Algae? I just got a new lot of live rock in and there is a fragment of Tydemania on it.
Picture for reference
Tydemania-expeditionis-k01-161122.jpg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find much info on this at all (and some of the info I can find is conflicting, such as with some saying it's from shallow water and others saying it's from deeper water), but it doesn't seem like it would be terribly invasive/a nuisance. Personally, I'd keep it, see how it goes, grow it out, and offer it other reefers if it's not causing problems for you.

I'd try giving it moderate light and flow on a rock (adjusting the light and flow as needed) and letting it grow.

OP
OP
Kmst80

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find much info on this at all (and some of the info I can find is conflicting, such as with some saying it's from shallow water and others saying it's from deeper water), but it doesn't seem like it would be terribly invasive/a nuisance. Personally, I'd keep it, see how it goes, grow it out, and offer it other reefers if it's not causing problems for you.

I'd try giving it moderate light and flow on a rock (adjusting the light and flow as needed) and letting it grow.
Yeah i couldn't find much either,got it in a seperate box in the tank atm, see what its doing. Was just a bit weary coz its in the same order as Bryopsis.

Back