Tyree green toadstool

TioTom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first leather coral i even buy. Its abiut the size of a quarter and im wondering why it looks like this? Is it maybe getting too much light ? First day it didnt open which i know its normal. Second day it opened really nice and today it looks like this. Whats going on with it. Ill attach both pictures of it opened and of how it looks today.

1459101925029.jpg

1459101987701.jpg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably adjusting. Those leathers are pretty hardy. They will close up and shed in new environments and close up just to worry you at times. Just make sure it does not get black necrotic tissue anywhere and it should be fine.

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was grown under 250w halides. Cant have too much light. Lol its under my leds at top of tank now. Anyway, they are wierd. Open different sometimes. Shed occasionally. Can get waxy lookin. Something might of upset it, like a fish or hermit. Give it time. Could just be adjusting. I wouldn't worry yet.

OP
OP
TioTom

TioTom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably adjusting. Those leathers are pretty hardy. They will close up and shed in new environments and close up just to worry you at times. Just make sure it does not get black necrotic tissue anywhere and it should be fine.

Thank you. Yeah cause its only like half open. It was nicely opened earlier. Then it slouched over came back up and opened halfway like this...now its actually looking like it might be opening up again . i hope so. But i am leaving home so hopefully its just giving me a hard time. And what should i do if that black stuff ever starts comming up on it ??

OP
OP
TioTom

TioTom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was grown under 250w halides. Cant have too much light. Lol its under my leds at top of tank now. Anyway, they are wierd. Open different sometimes. Shed occasionally. Can get waxy lookin. Something might of upset it, like a fish or hermit. Give it time. Could just be adjusting. I wouldn't worry yet.

Ok ill wait on it. Yesterday i had it on the sand bed and i moved it up a but. All the polyps cane out alot more. I thought it might like it better.

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is defanitly fond of very high light. :) this is actinic. But you can see its all the way up top near the returns. :)

20160324_120707-1.jpg

OP
OP
TioTom

TioTom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is defanitly fond of very high light. :) this is actinic. But you can see its all the way up top near the returns. :)

20160324_120707-1.jpg

Whoa thats a nice big one!! Is that the same as mine ? Hopefully mine gets that big one day... I did alot of research on ot before purchasing. But i know that doesnt always cover everything. So you have any over all tips or advice??

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa thats a nice big one!! Is that the same as mine ? Hopefully mine gets that big one day... I did alot of research on ot before purchasing. But i know that doesnt always cover everything. So you have any over all tips or advice??
High light, moderate flow is my experience. Was half that size 5 months ago. Grows quick. Yours looks the same. I am gonna make the same frags soon. :) check this out. Pretty cool.

https://www.reef2reef.com/posts/2824540/

OP
OP
TioTom

TioTom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so my toadstool has not opened since yesterday afternoon. Could it be that itb doesnt like to be tht close to the light... Also theres little water movement there.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back