UC OG Ironman Blasto?!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm going to slap a supreme sticker on some of my no name corals. $2k minimum price tag who's in :)

Hehe
Money has definitely been made in this fashion at times. :winking-face-with-tongue: After all, all of the super popular corals in this hobby were at one time "no name corals."

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We realize lots of people will have different opinions on different aspects of this hobby, but let's try to avoid insulting other people.
Well said! Dosnt make you dumb if you really like certain corals and are willing to pay the price! Some of us have more expensive taste then others and to each his/her own!

cooltowncorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the point we are missing is this

if there is not a lot of something that a lot of people want it’s scarcity and the price will be high like limited release Nikes

lots of things in this hobby have seen price hikes and drops based on availability and how many people want it

if things grow super well in captivity their price will eventually drop like bounce mushrooms or digi gum monti or anything else when 10 guys in the reef club got Walt Disney colonies they are constantly trimming nobody in the club will pay 350 for a inch of it from an online store a guy in the middle of Idaho might we can get an inch for 10 bucks

if someone figures out how to get a bunch of gem tangs to market soon they will be 70$ bucks like yellow used to be but now yellows are 400 cause you have to bread them not catch them

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the point we are missing is this

if there is not a lot of something that a lot of people want it’s scarcity and the price will be high like limited release Nikes

lots of things in this hobby have seen price hikes and drops based on availability and how many people want it

if things grow super well in captivity their price will eventually drop like bounce mushrooms or digi gum monti or anything else when 10 guys in the reef club got Walt Disney colonies they are constantly trimming nobody in the club will pay 350 for a inch of it from an online store a guy in the middle of Idaho might we can get an inch for 10 bucks

if someone figures out how to get a bunch of gem tangs to market soon they will be 70$ bucks like yellow used to be but now yellows are 400 cause you have to bread them not catch them
I remember when yellows were $15….

Should have bought a 1000 of them and just raised them up..

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back