Ugly tank party

  • Thread starter Thread starter TikiBird
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TikiBird

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2016
Messages
720
Reaction score
822
Location
Northern CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hosting a big family Christmas party on Saturday. My husband has been cleaning the house while I've been cleaning up my tanks. [emoji23] Alas, my reef tank is so ugly with algae on the rocks. Usually I overlook it because I love it anyway, but now I'm seeing it as my guests will...yikes. Lol [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] Hopefully they will think it's "supposed" to look this way. [emoji12]
 
Lol! This hits home too hard. I'm off at college and am the only one who does any service on the tank, so it's been looking really "natural" recently. Haha

Haha! Yes! "Natural" is going to be my go-to word if someone asks me about it. [emoji1][emoji38][emoji23]
 
When the guests arrive, just leave the blue or actinic led/light on. Algae is hidden and the coral pops will make them wonder :)
the fish can be confused a bit but once in a while is ok....
add a lil sumpin sumpin to the egg nog and woo hoo.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new