UK online frag shop recommendations

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never say sorry for that!

Winchester isn't that easy for me to get to, unfortunately, and I'll be moving up around Lincoln soon, so I'm on a 'no-shop' ban until the move happens - it's small torture
Same here but in the East Midlands

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive used mail order corals many times and their excellent, as are Masterfisch but they have temporarily suspended shipping to the UK

Masterfisch have fish very good corals, large sizes in most cases and very reasonable prices so keep an eye out when their shipping again. The customer service is excellent, and DOA are refunded immediately, not that it happens much.

As far as the UK reef club, go to user groups and then request to join. Then PM me to confirm what free frags your going to send me and I might let you in! lol

Poseidon's snail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol - I have ordered a peppermint shrimp from them and I'm happy to report the delivery was excellent - on time and the shrimp is still healthy to this day!
very happy with charterhouse.I have not bought corals yet though.

Cunning_plan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have used:
  • Zoa Marines (A lot) - Easy to use site, nice selection of interesting corals. I have issues with the delivery company they use however as I am almost always last on their route. This means I have about a 50% survival rate on coral and 20% on inverts. Now that I am out of vouchers I am no longer going to be able to use them which is a shame.
  • The Coral Center - all aquacultured, nice sizes and often very good prices (though also sometimes awful). The only downside is they lack particularly interesting peices.
  • Masterfisch - Not shipping to to the UK currently, fantastic for fish, great for larger WYSIWYG corals.
  • Aquatics to your door - I gave a go for fish as Masterfish had stopped shipping. They sent me the wrong kind of wrasse...
My pet peeve is the number of sites in the UK who do not hide or let you hide out of stock corals. It makes searching an absolute nightmare.

I'm in London (Greenwich) if anyone has any reccomendations for physical shops.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t ordered on-line yet but for those who near by I am happy to recommend an LFS in Leicester called Deep Blue Aquatics. They are knowledgeable and really helpful and clean. I hope they will see this an also give me a discount ;)

jamesbutler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to dig up an old thread, I was looking for the same info and I just placed an order with Polypbox, I think they're a fairly new company.. Very very impressed with the size and quality of the coral order and overall customer service. I would highly recommend. PS think they're based in Kent/London

www.polypbox.co.uk

KarlsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can totally recommend Tee's Reef in Birmingham, he's a top guy, stunning selections and knowledgeable. Reef keeper Rugby is one of the best chain stores. Marine Aquarics in Alderidge are good and KCR too There's a few good stores over Leicester I can't remember the names of as I don't get over that way often.
Prestige Reef is excellent for mail order and Mail Order Corals is pretty good for mail order too.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 72 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back